Visit Red River and bring your pet along!
Rio Colorado Cabins welcome your pets! Many people enjoy bringing their pets with them on vacation. Dogs love hiking on our mountain trails and playing in the streams and rivers. Sometimes you don’t want to leave your cat at home either! Please see our pet policy below for our set of rules.
Rio Colorado Pet Policy
In an effort to ensure the Rio Colorado remains a desirable vacation destination for all our guests, and in a continuing effort to ensure the maintenance and cleanliness of all our cabins, we have made the following changes to our pet policy. We sincerely appreciate your cooperation.
- $10.00 per cabin per day pet fee (covers up to 2 pets). Additional pets will be charged an additional $10.00 per day.
- Pets must not be left unattended in the cabin.
- Older towels and sheets are available at the office for your pets to lay on (instead of the furniture or beds). You may also bring your own blanket(s) from home if you prefer.
- Pet must be on a leash (not tethered) at all times while on the Rio Colorado property.
- Owners must pick up after their pets and dispose of waste properly.
- If any damage is caused by a pet, the owner will be charged the repair/replacement costs or additional cleaning fees.
We appreciate your help and cooperation in keeping the Rio Colorado a great and well-maintained destination for pets and humans alike. We hope you enjoy your stay!
“Had so much fun staying there. Just got home last night and I’m already having withdrawals:( I’ve gone to Red River my whole life and stayed at several different places, but this is definitely one of my favorites. My husband and I were so sad to go. So close to hiking trails and great fishing and seconds away from town. Great place for family and pups of course… Such a beautiful place to stay, I highly recommend it. We definitely will be staying there again.”Camerin Michelle Booher — 5 star Facebook review